What’s all the buzz about native bees and how are they different from honeybees? In this podcast, I’ll visit with my special guest, Kara Carleton, Coordinator of the Idaho Master Gardener’s program and native bee enthusiast, and discuss why native bees are so important in our gardens and what you can do to bring more of these hard-working, yet docile insects into your landscape.
Podcast #6 Show Notes
Want more information on native bees and how to attract them into your garden? Check out these links:
- UI Extension Pollinator Resources and Plant Lists
- Idaho Master Gardeners Pollination Project Garden
- Crown Bees (great info and native bee keeping supplies)
- Xerces Society Pollinator Resource Center
- Xerces Society Nests for Native Bees (PDF)
All photos courtesy of Kara Carleton.